Cultural festivals have been one of the hardest hit parts of the creative economy in the COVID-19 lockdowns. But, this is also a sector that has adapted in many innovative and exciting ways. On the 19th of May 2021 we hosted, in collaboration with the SA Cultural Observatory a workshop to facilitate knowledge sharing and discussed some preliminary results. We also hear directly from festival organisers themselves about the challenges and opportunities SA festivals face.
The video of the workshop is available here below for anyone who was not able to attend.
Feel free to use the forum to share your questions and ideas!
Chair: Mr Mboneni Mulaudzi (SA Cultural Observatory)
An introduction to the project: Dr Roberta Comunian and Prof Jen Snowball (Download presentation)
· Mapping the impact of Covid-19 on SA Festivals: Fiona Drummond
· Learning about new audiences using online data: Delon Tarentaal
· Thinking of new possible futures: Dr Jonathan Gross
Learning from new practices: Inputs from SA Festivals
·Suidoosterfees (Download Presentation)
· Cape Town Carnival (Download Presentation)
· Buyel’Ekhaya (Download Presentation)
Questions and discussion
Leave a Reply.
Future Festival Blog
Keep up to date about the latest research and reflections from the team
Join our mailing list